Sunday, April 8, 2012

Wow. sorry for not posting in a while. I missed commenting on my trip to the IMGC in West Virginia back in October. It was truly a very nice experience and met many new friends. I'm hoping my wife and I can afford the 2013 conference, which will consist of a cruise to Alaska, wow, wow. March was a record warm month here and everyone was jumping the gun thinking spring had arrived. We'll, April is here now and we are back to normal with nights down in the 28 -34 degree area many times. I decided to purchase a pop-up greenhouse in early March, about 7' x 9' by 7' high and put it on the patio where our table normally resides. I told my wife that with the March weather we might not even need it but put it up anyway. I put in two 3' wide by 5' tall plastic shelves and my wife has it so full she has to set things outside the door to water. It was a very good investment as long as it holds up for several years. I wanted to post a pic but can't get the image to post for some reason. I also made a small cold frame for the Penn State extension Master Gardener display at the local flower show and now that too is being used for more of my wifes early veggie trials. One of our veggie beds from last year which was 3' x 20' is being built up to a raised bed as I write this post and my wife loves it. We have our first nesting pair of bluebirds this year, but strangely enough they choose a regular birdhouse over the bluebird boxes???? I joined the local garden railway society this year and maybe down the road a year or two I will design a garden railroad. Hope you all enjoyed your Easter/holiday.

No comments: